Working closely with our allies, we recently developed a Shared Framework for Building an Early Childhood Education and Care System for All. This Shared Framework was developed to respond to the new federal government’s commitment to develop a National Early Learning and Child Care Framework in collaboration with provinces/territories/Indigenous communities.
The Shared Framework outlines three core elements:
- Common federal, provincial and territorial frameworks
- A plan for long term sustained funding
- System-building shared by federal, provincial/territorial governments and key stakeholders.
We have two specific requests for child care and allied organizations:
- We ask that your organization endorse the document and,
- That you quickly communicate with your provincial minister responsible for child care and your premier to let them know that early childhood education and child care is a critical issue for families and children in your region warranting collaborative action by the provincial, territorial and federal governments.
Since its release, the Shared Framework has collected 25+ organizational endorsements.
To add your organization’s endorsement of the Shared Framework please email email@example.com
The CCAAC continues to correspond with Minister of Families, Children and Social Development to provide recommendations and to clarify the federal government’s intentions following Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s comments on child care during the CBC interview.