The CCAAC advocates for improvements to early childhood education and care policy across Canada. We work with provincial child care and social justice organizations, as well as government representatives.
Our commitment: to promote the shared vision of a universal, pan-Canadian child care system that meets the needs of all children and parents.
Our Key Activities
- Promote a vision of early childhood education and care (ECEC) based on child care as a right of every child
- Monitor and respond to policy developments
- Raise public awareness of child care
- Support provincial and territorial initiatives in line with our policy aims
- Work with federal opposition parties to keep child care on the public agenda
- Respond to the growing threat of commercial child care chains
Rising to the challenge
We’re more determined than ever to work for progress on child care. Federal funding cuts to advocacy organizations and the lack of government leadership on child care have made us redouble our efforts to work for a pan-Canadian child care system. Use our web site as a resource for furthering collaborative advocacy work. And don’t forget the advocacy opportunities provided by the upcoming federal election in 2015.